Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Busy Bees Part 3

Continuing our recap of our time in Tulsa (I believe the proper term is Tulsey Time)...

Saturday
After waking up still thinking about the best pizza we've ever had (eaten for dinner Friday night), we headed out for the Tulsa Zoo where we saw dinosaurs...

discovered a love of all things playground...


and rode the train!

Here's Grandpa waiting in line with Jo.  Jonah looks huge to me here!  Like the size of a 2 year old!  I know one thing's for sure.  I buy the next size up in shoes about every week!  Not really - but close enough.

We came home and crashed and took it easy.  I discovered the addictiveness that is QuizUp...



And we feasted on burgers and watermelon, and Nonni gave Jonah his first chocolate milk.  It was love at first sip.

Sunday 
Jonah was teething pretty badly so Howard ran out and bought him Sophie the Giraffe.  What a lifesaver!  Jonah loves her! (Is that emphatic enough or am I supposed to say "love, love, loves her?" ; )

We said bye to Uncle Greg...


and Howard and I left that afternoon to go on a date!!

We started with a macadamia nut café latte (that was Europe-worthy) and some reading time

I love love loved this Bible verse in my Louis Markos book:


"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter" (Proverbs 25:2).  What a great affirmation that searching is ok,  honored in fact, even when the complete answer may not be discoverable.  


I wish Howard and I had more time to go get coffee and read together.  It was one of my favorite moments of the trip.  The above picture is from the café we sat in - it's called Nordaggio's.  All their artwork is done in espresso!!  

After coffee we ate at Charleston's and had dessert at Freckles Frozen Custard.  It was such a wonderful evening.  

Monday
Howard, Nonni, and I took Jonah to LaFortune Park and Jonah was BESIDE himself with intense excitement.  It was serious business!!

Then Nonni and Jonah and I shopped and then took Jonah to Barnes and Noble where he could get some work done.


Tuesday
We had to head back home.  It was bittersweet because we love our home but we're having such a good time.  Also, home is a 12 hour car ride away. UGH.

Stopping to crawl (hotels are great for that) and play helped a lot.

We finally made it.  It was great to be home and see our sweet Cotton girl

What a great trip!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute photos of Jonah at the zoo!!
    Mmmm chocolate milk!

    ReplyDelete