Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Favorites!!

Momfessionals


I'm linking up today with Andrea, Narci, and Erika for Friday Favorites!  And hopefully my link up is not just in spirit but I can can actually link up with them from my phone. We'll see...




I only have one favorite right now and it's most definitely positively this:


It's been so very hard lately to make time to study, or read anything for that matter, but quitting the psychosis that is Facebook has helped.  I'm learning to engage myself one paragraph at a time.  It's more difficult than sitting down in a lovely cozy spot with hot tea and snuggling in for some well developed thoughts...but it's a Mom life and if I don't do it this way than I'm not learning anything beyond which diaper rash cream is best for this moment in time and temperature (also a proud learning moment...but I still need the other kind).

The author, Professor Markos, spoke at our school's commencement this past spring and was excellent.  His book does not disappoint either.  I only wish I had read it sooner, before I taught the humanities course on ancient literature and history.  He has so many wonderful insights and is making me fall in love all over again with the ancient tales, and in turn, the current one we live as we await the return of our King.

It's phenomenal, and a great read whether you are already familiar or not with the pagan classics.  

(I especially like the part where he talks about the Geek camp hehehe :-)



Sorry Dr. Markos...I couldn't resist.  That's the best typo EVER.

Happy Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment