Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall is here! (Kinda)

Listen.  I get so sick of reading blogs sometimes and getting caught up in the world of perfection.  You know how it is.  You're not going to take a picture of your dirty laundry and post it on the world wide web, so you scoot it out of the way before you snap the pic.  You're not going to do a blog post about how you can't go to the grocery store without sweating like a hog because you can't seem to follow a list with the layout of the store and so you're all over the place and your toddler is screaming because he can't play with the bananas (he'll bite through the skin and then throw them - leading me to believe an actual monkey would be a step up) and you've dropped Sophie so you have to back track down every aisle while you try and not think about curse words but sing a sweet tune of "When Ducks Get Up in the Morning" instead and find Sophie and checkout - again - only to realize you forgot the lunch meat you came for and your car keys are missing.

No.  No one would ever blog about that.  So know that before I show you my Fall decorating that it took an incredible amount of effort for me to do anything, and that while I'm trying to be a better housekeeper you're not seeing the entire picture (i.e. the smashed goldfish in the background).

I already had this chalkboard and loved this saying when I saw it on Pinterest.  Jo's and my galoshes stay there by the back door so we're ready to water the plants on the back porch.  Well...most of them stay by the back door anyway.  He likes to carry his around the house like a dog bringing his leash to ask for a walk.  Who knows where the other rain boot is.


A lot of my fall finds were from WalMart.  I really love their home goods stuff.  I got the basket on the left from there as well as those fun apple cinnamon scented pine cones with little pumpkins.  The sign on the right was a score from TJ Maxx.  And long after that style of writing is no longer popular I will still display that sign because shopping for it and checking out with it with Jonah made it an incredible conquest.

This basket and fun mugs are also from WalMart.  The mugs are owls, a fox, and a squirrel.  They were under $3 each!  And they're heavy and make my morning coffee even more of a sweet moment. :)

I already had this cake stand and added pumpkins from the dollar store to it.  The candle is the hostess gift from my friend's shower.  I got it on the 11th and look how much I've already burned!  Love it!  

This carved wooden pumpkin came from the TJ Maxx conquest.

I made this burlap wreath all from WalMart materials.  I had no idea what I was doing and didn't even use hot glue.  So that should a last long time.

Here are this season's pumpkins!!  Jonah and I made sweet memories picking  these out.  I let him choose, and he naturally picked two big and two small ones!  Perfect for each member of our family!  He wanted the uglier ones.  I think he was trying to rescue them.


I don't make a practice out of patroning  the art at WalMart, but I thought this was worth it!  It's gloppy and perfect for fall.  It inspired me to do quick little change outs in our powder bath for each season.


This is a Jan Barbaglio (omg) cake stand that Howard's aunt gave us for our wedding and I keep it on our table with the Jan Barbaglio doves his mom gave us.  Right now it's displaying a ceramic pumpkin and giant acorns I've had forever.

These chargers were a wedding present but a few years ago I scored these white ceramic leaf plates at you guessed it - WalMart - for $2 each!  

I've had a lot of fun decorating and trying to act like I'm feeling autumnal when it's 90 degrees every day.

This post was not sponsored (feel free to change that).  It was simply brought to you by a small budget and stores that match it, and my precious little pumpkin:




No comments:

Post a Comment